Friday, July 14, 2006

The mighty slap








Mother nature...

I felt your mighty slap,
In my peak, when my world cracked....

I let out a cry of horror,
when you pulled the rug from under...

Stripped of my rank and fame,
with no possessions to my name
To be draped in a cloak of shame,
My pride and ego slain...

I felt the blow of your punch,
For what I had did not staunch...

Struck with despair and pain,
I ran to my friends in vain,
When my blood turned in disdain...

My heart gripped with fear,
I wished for death to come near,
As my foes threw their spear...

For days on end with no shelter,
I felt the cold and hunger,
A world free from laughter...

Till a day came by,
With its clear blue sky,
Lifted my spirit high...

I realised on the spot,
That my wits I still got,
and a plan I must plot !

My lips parted a smile,
That I havent seen in a while,

So I gathererd my thoughts,
And through thick thin I fought,
To achieve the outcome sought !

Slowly but steadily,
I rose from my misery,
Heading towards victory ...

In a flash suddenly,
What was unclear to me,
Was no longer a mystery...

What I thought was cruelty,
was an act of kindness towards me...
Since a philosopher I aspired to be
Not knowing, it comes with a fee...

I found compassion and understanding,
Which in the past I was lacking...

Contempt and appreciation,
I've experienced the meaning...
while with patience am still struggling....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home