Sunday, July 09, 2006

What a deal !



Couple of days ago, I received a letter from Telstra notifying me of some changes to my current plan. "Change" is a preferred terminology used by many enterprises instead of "increase". That word is sooo "démodé" in the marketing industry that I wont be surprised if it's on standbye to be "promoted" to the obsolete words dictionary.

For those of you who are not familiar with the land of Down Under, Telstra happens to be one of the major communication companies here in OZ.

I had couple of question marks and decided to raise them with their billing enquiries.

The Customer Service Consultant was more than happy to assist, and I must mention, did a brilliant job. Happy to put her expertise to use, she suggested a plan that she tought might be just perrrrrrrfect !...

One of the plan's feature was "unlimited call length for local calls".

Come again ?!!! Have I heard that correctly ?!!!
Probably not, I thought to myself, that can't be right.
So I reiterated: " Unlimited call length for local calls, Wow that sounds good!"

"Yes" : she replied.

"And that is local calls from a landline of course ?": I stated.

"Yes": she answered.

Is she for real, I thought ?!!! What the f......@#?!!!

" Haven't local calls always been unlimited call length from a landline anyway? " : I went on like a crusader on a mission.

What I really wanted to say was "Do I sound like a goose to you ?!!!".

There was an awkward silence...

" Yes, but a lot of people don't know and get all mixed up! " : she replied.

"Ohhh, I see !" : I said coyly while rolling my eyes and for a split second I nearly lost my sight cause my eye balls wouldn't roll back.

"Well am glad you've clarified it for me. I think I'll stick with my current plan !!!".

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After that phone call, she really made me think ! Surely people are not soooo gullible !
I know there's a lot of mobile deals around but people would surely differentiate between mobile phone plans where calls are timed and landline plans where local calls are untimed.
Or maybe not...

I decided to ask one of my collegues.

"Did you know that Telstra offered unlimited call length for local calls? : I said.

"That's a good deal!" : came the reply.

I suppose she's right, there are some geese around !!!.... (LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home