Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Australia's Multicultural Society


I love this country, especially it's multiculti !..

I was on the train today sitting next to a woman in her late 50's, I think anyway. Since City Rail haven't had the courtesy of sticking to their scheduled timetable, I wasn't sure at which station I was meant to alight from. The train stopped at one of the main stations, and the well anticipated announcement never came through !!! The guard was too busy gawking at a couple of young girls !!! How lovely !???

Confused and agitated, I asked the woman sitting next to me.

" Will this train be terminating at .....? "

" I dunno ": was her reply.

Luckily, the commuter sitting behind me knew and was generous enought to share that valuable piece of info.

Seizing this opportunity to "bitch" about City Rail Service, I said to the woman:

"Don't you think the guard should have at least announced the train's next scheduled stops ? "

"I dunno ": she answered.

"They've increased the fare on the grounds of providing a better "service". I am yet to see it !!! "

"I dunno": she replied again.

Huhhh ?!!! I wasn't expecting a reply !!! I thought to myself, this is getting interesting ! So I threw in an open question to snap her out this ridiculous answer !

Sweetly I asked: Do you normally commute by train ?

"I dunno": came her reply.

" How long have you been in the country ?" : I went on like I'm on a mission.

"I dunno": She replied.

I kept on ranting just to hear those two words...

It was hilarious! Keeping a straight face was a struggle, let me tell you. I guess, you had to be there to see the humour side of it.

That's multiculti at work for you!... (LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home