Friday, August 25, 2006

You got to be kidding me...



Logged on Skype, this guy from Norway invited me for a chat ! Me, being the accommodating type, I accepted. We got on well and had a lot of common interest. I liked our chat. There was no personal questions, just 2 people exchanging information and opinions in general with seemingly no ulterior motive.

It was grrrrreat ! I couldn't believe my luck. I finally found a platonic relationship with the opposit sex.

He was a DJ. We listened to similar genre of music, Dance Trance, Techno trance, Techno ambient, Electronica, New age, and Techno jazz . I was tickled pink by his delight when I introduced him to Deep soul !

We also confabbed about fashion. He's a Dolci & Gabana boy while I favour Roberto Cavalli's couture. We both loved the unforgettable Lacroix, Moschino, Armani, Versace, Gucci, Christian Dior, Louis Vutton, and occasionally some of Chanel and Yve St Laurent haute couture.

Then out of the blue, he said; " I'm gay"

Perplexed I replied ; " and......"

" You don't mind?" : he asked.

"NO! What's the big deal ! ": I retorted.

"I'm so relieved ! " : he replied back

I couldn't fantom what he was getting at, nor how his sexuality has anything to do with our chitchat !?!? I didn't fuss and we continued our chin-wag.

We were getting on like a house on fire till he said : " I want to touch you.."

Oh My God, I finally realised he's mistaken me for a HE ! Suddenly the earlier conversation made sense. My heart sank. I was in shock ! Mayday, mayday MAJOR communication breakdown and I can't figure out a smooth landing !

I ignored his message. He picked up on it pretty quick, that is the' ignoring' bit! Then he send me a laughing smiley !

I felt he was hurt and that in turn increased my anguish ! I did not want to hurt him nor his ego by making him think I rejected his offer ! By the same token, I was worried that if cleared the gender misunderstanding, he might loose face, and not want to talk to me ! He was a good chat buddy !

Do I really have to shatter his dreams ?!?! Why do things have to get so complicated ?!?!

I finally said : "I think hotmail is frozen ! ". I changed the subject pretty quick and left it at that ! :(
save_to_blinkbits

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Hmm! Nasty horrible mics and speakers. Don't worry - I'm sure he'll be fine. Seems like it might've been a good friendship!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home