Saturday, August 19, 2006

Now, I know it !

"I have known it for a long time but I have only just EXPERIENCEND IT. NowI KNOW IT not only with my intellect, but with my eyes, with my heart, with my stomach."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962) - German-born Swiss Novelist, Poet.

You hear and read so much about deception wether it's through someone you know, politics, music, or litterature etc, and you think you know what its like till you become a victim. Then you truly grasp its full meaning and realise what the fuss is all about. It is only when you experience its devasting emotional consequences that you start to understand the reaction of its past victims !
At what cost though! Like burnt skin, it scars your soul till the day of reckonning and nothing you could do would fade it away! Alas, realisation comes at a price. There is nothing for nothing. Even nature obeys this invisible rule inscribed somewhere on the walls of the universe. Just like death, nothing can shield you from it.
It has its own law, just like the Law of gravity only its emotional. It gives you the truth you seek by peeling off the veil of innocence to reveal a dull and ugly reality devoid of colours.
My experience was so overwhelming that I felt it took a big chunk of me, perhaps more than I anticipated leaving me of balance. In return I acquired an understanding and an awareness of my surrounding.
My energy and emotions have been chanelled to the outside world, as if my inner world has shut down leaving an echo of numbness traped deep within. Like an empty shell, I'm sitting on the fence watching others play.
Is this what wisdom is all about ? Maybe, I do not know !
save_to_blinkbits

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely with you. Have seen it too!
Your words are good. Keep it flowing. Good luck!

- Deepak

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home